We would like to briefly explain the types of progressive lenses for short and far distances and the designs of the lenses using neuroscience. Progressive lenses for both short and far distances are generally standard types with outer surface progressive designs where progressive designs (altered belts in the power) are in the front surfaces and the powers of the customers are in the back surfaces, and those with back surface progressive designs where progressive designs and the power of the customer are both in the back surface like the Resonas and Resonas Fit, and optimal corrections are made in accordance with each power of the customer. There are also those with double-surface progressive designs like the Resonas WS where progressive shaped aspheric designs are in the front surfaces in order to make improvements in areas such as distortions and balance to compensate for corrections that cannot be made in the inner surface designs. Neuroscience was applied by using equipment that analyzes transitions in emotions (stress, joy, sadness, and relaxation) through changes in the three brain waves (alpha, beta, and theta) related to human sensitivity to analyze unconscious sensitivity when the lenses were worn to incorporate designs that the brain finds pleasing. Resonas and Resonas Fit lenses are progressive lenses both for short and far distances and of back surface progressive designs that incorporate neuroscience, but the Resonas Fit lenses are recommended for those who want use them mostly indoors as they are good for short and intermediate vision.
Feedback from customers by product.
- Lenses made by other companies gave me discomfort. Vision ranging from far to short distances is smooth (female, 60’s)
- It is easier to see far away than with my previous lenses (with front surface progressive designs) (male, 60’s)
- They do not give me that jumpy feeling that progressive lenses for short and far distances do (female, 60’s)
- They are easier to see with and use than my previous eyeglasses were (female, 60’s, housewife)
- They make me feel like the floor is floating (female, 60’s)
Advice: The position you use where you look at the floor is the portion where you look at the area right in front of you when using progressive lenses for both short and far distances. That is why you get a floating sensation, but this can be solved by looking while slightly pulling your jaw back.
- I heard that you get a swaying sensation when using progressive lenses, but this was not so much the case with me (female, 60’s, housewife)
- There is not much shaking and my vision is wide (female, 50’s, apparel business)
- I no longer have to worry about stumbling and it does not feel like I am using lenses for progressive lenses (female, 50’s, clerical work)
- I can see students’ faces and materials such as textbooks from my platform with these (female, 50’s, teacher)
- My vision is clearer than it was with my previous eyeglasses (with front surface progressive designs) (male, 60’s)
- These lenses make the area right in front of me appear broader and are easier to use than my previous progressive lenses for both short and far distances (male, 50’s)
- It helps that my vision of close areas is broadened because I use a computer a lot at work. I have no trouble when looking far away (male, 60’s)
- I was a little doubtful at first but found that I did not get a stiff neck when I was using the computer and the small characters in the newspaper seemed broader so this made it convenient for carrying out daily activities (female, 50’s)
- I like that my peripheral vision is wide (female, 50’s)
- My previous progressive lenses tired me out, but I was surprised to find that these were of the same type (male, 70’s)
- It has become more comfortable when looking at the monitor of my computer (male, 50’s, office worker)
- It is my first time using progressive lenses and am happy with them as they offer me vision without sways or distortions (female, 30’s, dentist)
- It is easy to see objects at short and intermediate distances, and my laptop computer is particularly easy to use with these lenses. My vision is a little unsatisfactory when I look far away while driving (male, 60’s)
- These lenses are very easy to get accustomed to and there is only a little shaking when I look at the floor (female, 60’s)
- Transitions in sight are smooth and easy when I am using a computer (male, 50’s)
- In any case, they make vision pleasant for me. Vision is broad when doing deskwork. They are completely different from the progressive lenses (with front surface progressive designs) that I bought as spares (female, 40’s, clerical work)
- It has become easier to read the newspaper. It is now easy to see things without having to turn my head (male, 60’s)
- These are my first lenses for both short and far distances and there is hardly any shaking or distortions. They are comfortable to use (male, 50’s, office worker)
- It is now easier to see far away as well as drive than it was with my previous lenses (with front surface progressive designs) (male, 70’s)
- My vision has become wider. It has become easy to see at intermediate and short distances (male, dentist)
- It has become easy to see at intermediate distances (male, 40’s, clerical worker)
- I hardly see any differences between these and my previous lenses (with double-surface progressive designs). I do not see any changes after the application of neuroscience (male, 40’s, service industry)
Advice: It may be difficult to see any differences because the lenses that you had been using were of double-surface progressive designs and so the types are basically the same.
- I feel no discomfort (female, 60’s, housewife)
- My previous progressive lenses (with back surface progressive designs) were no good at all and I only used them because I had no alternative, but these lenses solved my problems (female, 70’s)
- I can now see the navigation system without difficulty when I am driving (male, 60’s)
This is feedback also from eyeglass shops that sold the lenses.
- We sometimes receive complaints about lenses for both short and far distances such as on how hard They are to get accustomed to, but They have decreased, thanks to the introduction of the Resonas.
- Customers who experienced sways with progressive lenses were able to comfortably use Resonas lenses right away.
- There were customers who could not get accustomed to front surface progressive lenses but were pleased when they tried the Beluna Resonas lenses.
- I recommended Beluna Resonas Fit to customers who work a lot indoors. We were told that vision was not different from when looking far away with lenses for short and far distances, but vision became broader and clearer at intermediate and short distances.
- I can sell Beluna Reonas Fit lenses without any worries because there is no problem with switching from other companies.
- I am often told that vision is natural and comfortable by customers who try on Beluna Reonas Fit test lenses.
- We were told by someone with anisometropia (when the difference in power between the left and right eyes is great) who was unable to get accustomed to progressive lenses even after having them made at three shops in the past, but was able to get accustomed to them after trying out the Resonas WS.
- We have users make comparisons between our products and those of other companies with test lenses, and find that many of them prefer the Beluna Resonas lenses above the rest because there are fewer distortions with them.